Nutritarian Studies Certificate Program
*Program is sold off-site, and requires the purchase of additional texts. See this partner’s website for more details*
This program is an excellent tool for anyone who wants to deepen their understanding of nutrition and the role that healthy food plays in optimizing health and treating chronic diseases as well as medical professionals who want to broaden their knowledge of how nutrition influences disease and health outcomes. The Nutritaria Studies Certificate Program is comprised of two courses designed by Dr. Joel Fuhrman to provide students with fundamental knowledge of nutritional science, along with an in-depth examination of the fundamental principles of the Nutritarian diet.
Students learn about the most health promoting foods and the role that superior nutrition plays in weight loss, cancer protection, and the prevention and treatment of chronic diseases like diabetes, autoimmune and heart disease. To earn the Nutritarian Studies Program certificate, you must successfully complete two separate courses:
- Basics of Nutrition
- Science of the Nutritarian Diet
The Basics of Nutrition Course will cover:
- Nutrients and the Science of Nutrition
- Energy Metabolism and Energy Balance
- Diabetes, Cardiovascular Disease and Cancer
- Minerals and Water
- Foods and Phytochemicals for Preventing Chronic Disease part 1
- Foods and Phytochemicals for Preventing Chronic Disease part 2
- FINAL EXAM: Basics of Nutrition
The Science of the Nutritarian Diet course will cover:
- UNIT 1: Nutrient Density
- UNIT 2: Comprehensive Nutrient Adequacy
- UNIT 3: Hormone Favorability
- UNIT 4: Avoiding Toxins
- UNIT 5: Toxic Hunger & Food Addiction
- FINAL EXAM: The Science of the Nutritarian Diet
The Nutritarian Education Institute (NEI) is offered in an open enrollment format, which means students can enroll and begin at any time. To successfully complete the program, students must pass a final exam in each of the required courses. The Nutritarian Education Institute (NEI) is recognized as an Approved Continuing Education Provider by ACE, AFAA, and NASM:
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) has approved this program for 4.3 ACE continuing education credits.
- Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) has approved this program for 15 AFAA CEUs.
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) has approved this program for 1.9 NASM CEUs.
Dr. Fuhrman Nutritarian Education Institute (NEI) is also a licensed Continuing Education Provider for the State of California Board of Registered Nursing which approves this course for 43 contact hours of continuing education credits.